streamGo Platform Tech Check (Without a producer)
In this article, we will cover some of the basics you need to be aware of ahead of your event. This includes how to login, access webcams and control slides. To ensure you are ready to go for your event, please follow all steps in this article.
Testing Your Connection
- Ensure that you are not connected via VPN as this may block the connection.
- If the Firewall appears to be blocking the link a member of the IT team will need to whitelist the URLs found in this help article
- Chrome is the preferred browser, however Firefox is also a good alternative. Internet Explorer and Safari are not supported.
- Check that your internet speed is no lower than 10MB upload and download. This test can be conducted on https://www.streamgo.vc/test.
- Try an alternate network (none corporate where possible). If you still experience the issue on an alternate network this would indicate that it is the device causing the issue.
- Try a personal laptop if possible, connected to a personal network.
- Ensure that permission has been granted to access both the camera and the mic. This typically pops up when you first open the tester page, however may need manually allowing in your device settings.
- Ensure that the correct webcam and microphone are selected in the settings. Settings can be found when you first open the tester tool, so just refresh the page if you need to change these.
- If the internal camera/microphone is proving to be problem please try an external camera or microphone where possible.
- Ensure that all other applications, for example Zoom or Teams, that may access camera/mic are closed down.
- If the above still doesn’t allow access try a restart on the device to ensure that all connections to other devices are cut.