Using Your Webcam
Logging in to the webcam and slides for your event.
Before your event, it’s important that we test your webcam and slides to ensure they are working.
You may have also been asked to attend a tech check in the days or weeks before your event.
This short guide will walk you through how to login to test your webcam and slides.
How To Set Up Your Webcam
Check out this article for more webcam tips.
- Ensure that you are not connected via VPN as this may block the connection.
- If a Firewall appears to be blocking your connection, your IT can find whitelisting information in the help article here.
- Chrome is the preferred browser, however Firefox is also a good alternative. Internet Explorer and Safari are not supported.
- Check that your internet speed is no lower than 10MB upload and download. This test can be conducted on https://test.streamgo.vc/test.
- Try an alternate network (none corporate where possible). If you still experience the issue on an alternate network this would indicate that it is the device causing the issue.
- Try a personal laptop if possible, connected to a personal network.
- Ensure that permission has been granted to access both the camera and the mic. This typically pops up when you first login, however may need manually allowing in your device settings.
- Ensure that the correct webcam and microphone are selected in the settings. Settings can be found by clicking gear icon in the bottom right corner of the webcam window. Here you can select your preferred video and audio device.
- If the internal camera/microphone is proving to be problem please try an external camera or microphone where possible.
- Ensure that all other applications, for example Zoom or Teams, that may access camera/mic are closed down.
- If the above still doesn’t allow access try a restart on the device to ensure that all connections to other devices are cut.