Pass Criteria for Events
This article will help you understand how to setup the pass criteria for your event sessions.
- At event level, Select Engagement, CPD.
- Tick Enabled (this enabled CPD on this event and means this event will go towards the CPD requirements for the project)
- Enter the CPD length in minutes (this is usually the length of the event session (i.e. 60 mins) but may differ if you have a session that is longer than the amount of credit awarded).
- Enter the % of Content Viewed (this is the % of the content a user must view in that event to pass).
- Select the Type of viewing
- Any content upto % - this means that any part of the content can be viewed and will be counted towards the pass %. For example, if your pass percentage was 50%, a user could watch the first 25% of the event and the last 25% of the event and not the middle 50%.
- First % of content - this means that the user must watch the content from the start upto the percentage. For example, a user must watched the first 50% of the event - joining late or not watching from the start means they will not be awarded credit.
- Number of polls answered - this field is optional. You can enter the number of polls that must be answered in order to be awarded credit. For example, if your event had 6 polls and you entered 3 in this box - the user would have to answer any 3 polls to gain credit.
- % Polls pass mark - this field is optional. You can enter a pass mark % for the polls. For example, you have 6 polls with graded answers and you need users to enter the correct answer for 3 polls you would enter 50% in this box.
- Remember to click Update to save your changes.
You will, need to complete the steps above for every event that has CPD. Noting, you also need to re-enter this for any on-demand CPD once the on-demand event is created (whether this is done manually or automatically).