How To Set Up Calendly
As part of your virtual event booth or page, users have the ability to book specific slots in your representative's diaries.
This is a great way of formalising 121 meetings with delegates and will, in turn, generate leads, help your team qualify leads, and drive ROI.
This short guide will help you get your Calendly account set up and then we can get live on your booth or page.
Step by step guide
1. Sign up to Calendly
Go to https://calendly.com/ and click on the 'Sign-Up' button on the top right-hand side of the page.
- Link to your account at this stage. It will usually give you the option to sign up with Outlook, Google, or other email systems. Or, you can click the link to create an account with a password below the main option.
2. Create your Calendly URL
- Try to make the URL relevant to you, your organisation, and potentially the event.
- As you can see here, I have added adam-streamgo-test as an example to create mine, so my full URL will be Calendly.com/adam-streamgo-test.
- Don’t worry too much about this step, as you won’t be sending this out to anybody like Calendly suggests.
3. Connect your calendar (there are Google, Outlook, & Apple options)
- Best practice would be to choose the one that you use for your working day, so key events existing in your diary will be blocked out in your Calendly options.
4. Accept the connection conditions
- Press 'Continue' to accept the connection conditions.
5. Pick the days and times you are typically available
- Don’t worry, these can be refined later for the specific days around the event.
6. Select the 15-minute meeting option
- Click the cog on the 15 Minute Meeting Option to customise.
- Then, click edit on the dropdown list.
- Next, Calendly will take you through some steps:
a) What event is this?
- Give your event a name e.g. 'Adam's Example Meeting' and you have the option to connect Zoom, GoToMeeting or Google Meet at this stage. Don’t worry, if you use an alternative meeting platform, you can choose the custom option and add a link.
b) When can people book this event?
- Select the dates and times around the event that you want to be/can be available. You should make yourself available from the day of the event and up to 2 weeks after the event.
- At this point, you can add specific intervals where you are available too:
7. Set-up your notification preferences
- Doing so will ensure both you and the person that books a meeting will receive notifications about the meeting.
8. Add Calendly to your website
- Once you've set your notification preferences, click 'Save and Close' and then click 'Back'.
- Click the cog on the 15-minute meeting again, which will now have your event name on it too, and choose 'Add to Website'.
- Then, click 'Popup Text' and finally 'Continue'.
9. Click 'Copy Code'
10. Send your code and details
- Copy & paste the code in an email and send it to your event organiser contact
- You’re done!